Yes, it’s true! School is now officially in session for most, the summer vacations are finishing up, and for those RV owners who rent out their RV, the rental season chaos is slowing down. But remember, booking season is just around the corner. January is when booking season starts: When the holidays are over, people are itching to plan their RV vacation.
Until then, you need to prepare your RV rental business for the season and that means updating your website, as well as your listings advertised on listing sites such as RVPlusYou.
The top 2 updates to get max results: (Time required: 15 minutes or less)
- Photos – Take a look at your photos. Are these really what you think will help you get more interest and requests to book? If not, you better update. Why? Because your competition has already updated their photos to be high quality and relevant.
- Pricing – Are you competitive? If you’re charging more than a $500 security deposit for a delivered RV rental, you’re not getting any inquiries. Your competitors are booking them all. Why? When renters shop quotes, they factor deposits in their decision-making. Delivered RV rental deposits should be lower than driving RV rentals because of two factors:
- No damage – It’s very hard to cause damage when the renter never moves the RV.
- Protection Policy – RVPlusYou provides $5,000 in damage protection with no deductible.
So, keep your photos inspirational, high quality, and relevant. Also, keep your pricing competitive and deposits as low as possible. You’ll see a vast improvement next season.
Not listed yet on RVPlusYou? Time to diversify!
If you’re marketing your RV rentals all on your own, or just through one of the other websites, well then you need to diversify. Yes, update your website, refresh your Google Ads, and put some effort into SEO and marketing. but diversify your marketing. Facebook is fine, but what else are you doing to market your RV rental business?
We have a suggestion for all you do it yourself lone wolf rental companies out there with a solo website, or Facebook page, add RVPlusYou as an additional source for finding qualified RV renters. Why RVPlusYou?
- Our fees are just 3%. Compare that to Outdoorsy or RVShare. Sure we charge a booking fee to renters, but then those are renters that we bring to you.
- Our focus is delivered RV rentals. If you like letting renters drive or tow your rig, no problem. It’s allowed, but our renters tend to want to avoid the hassle. So, if you like less damage and lower mileage on your RV rental inventory, then you’ll love RVPlusYou.
- Protection – Our policy covers $5,000 in damage, and $300,000 in liability. Sure, not as much as the other guys, but that’s because you don’t need it. Why? Because RV renters hit things. Our renters don’t.
- Cost to list is free. That’s right, no cost to list, only 3% to book one of our renters, and we provide protection. Hmmm. What’s the catch? Good luck finding one because there is no “catch” to our offer. Just plain a plain old win/win formula.
- Support. Yes, we provide toll free, chat, and email customer support for renters and owners alike. Wouldn’t you and your customers appreciate an RV rental OTA who actually has a toll free number?
So, why not spend a few minutes to update your listing? If you’re not a member on our site, then give RVPlusYou a try? You have nothing to lose, and it just may be the best decision you’ll make this year.; especially if you want to prepare for booking season, which is just around the corner!