When starting an RV rental business you need to consider a few important factors first.
- Where are you going to get the RV?
- What type is it (Class A, Fifth Wheel, Class B)?
- What condition is the RV in?
- How many people does it sleep?
- Do you have insurance coverage for the RV if is being used as a rental?
- Does the renter have experience using a RV or god forbid driving it!?
- Do you have a system in place to quickly repair your RV if it becomes damaged or stranded during the rental?
- Do you have ideas on how many miles you are willing to allow somebody to drive your RV?
- Do you have a certification process to make sure if you are renting a trailer that the renter owns a vehicle capable of towing your RV trailer safely?
- Do you have a place to store your RV that allows you access it at random and multiple times during a camping season?
- Do you have a marketing budget and a way to get and reach and communicate with potential renters?
- Do you have a merchant account set up to be able to accept credit cards and store deposits against potential damage?
RVPlusYou.com was established by RV owners with experience and knowledge in the RV rental market. The biggest problem in the RV rental business is lack of inventory. During the peak summer months demand far outstrips supply creating a real opportunity to earn significant income as a rental provider.
We address many of the main considerations when starting a RV rental business including:
- Providing insurance coverage during the rental.
- Eliminating the risk of damage from inexperienced renters moving your unit.
- Providing a steady stream of potential renters for vetting.
- Handling the payments and deposits in a secure and easy to handle manner.
Starting a RV rental business is an amazing opportunity to cash in on a popular but often forgotten industry.